Thursday, March 13, 2014

2 in 1

1. I used many of my own ideas in my 2 in 1. In my 2 in 1 drawing, I had Batman and Bruce Wayne side by side. This made it very easy to compare the two drawings. I also chose to use this picture of Batman (shown above) for my inspiration. This picture features a large amount of shading and contrast, and I felt like I could incorporate that into my drawing well. 
2. When I was working on this project, I had to learn new skills to draw Bruce Wayne's face accurately. Above I show my first drawings of lips, which was one of the things I learned to do when I wanted to draw Bruce Wayne. I learned adding curved lines to the lips made the lips look more three-dimensional, and shading the bottom lip more than the top made it look like the top lip was above the bottom lip. I also learned many other skills, including drawing eyes and a nose. 
3. When I drew this artwork, it was intended to make a statement. This artwork shows Batman on one side and Bruce Wayne on the other. This is intended to show how Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same person, but are actually completely different personalities. The fact that the left side of the drawing is darker and more defined than the right side shows how Batman has a darker personality, and is not a biased character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment